We look forward to welcoming you to 88th Annual Congress of the European Atherosclerosis society, gathering clinicians and basic scientists from all over the world on our digital platform.
We encourage you to share information about the Congress, and your participation in it, within your network – before and during the EAS 2020Congress.
For the latest updates on EAS 2020, visit eas2020.com and download the Congress app (search “EAS Congress & Courses” in AppStore or Google Play).
Are you following EAS 2020 on social media yet? Be sure to connect with us on:
- @eascongress for Congress related information – scientific programme and networking events
- @society_eas for EAS membership, publications and educational activities like Advanced Courses and e-learning through EAS Academy
- @fhscglobal for FH Studies Collaboration and collaboration with the patient organisation FH Europe
- @EuropeanAtherosclerosisSociety for Society & Congress posts
- Find us on YouTube – The European Atherosclerosis Society for interviews with experts in the field and videos from the EAS Congresses: http://bit.ly/eas-yt
- Join the European Atherosclerosis Society group https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3666139/
Suggested ways to share information about the Congress with your network:
- Live tweet from sessions, meetings and the exhibition. Be sure to mention @eascongress and use the hashtag #EASCongress2020
- You can also retweet and repost live coverage coming from the Congress
- Mention @eascongress and use the hashtag #EASCongress2020 on Facebook or LinkedIn. You can also like and share EAS 2020posts with your audience.
- Watch and share EAS 2020 online presentations
Suggested ways to connect to other participants:
- Download from the app store the new app EAS Congress & Courses, sign in as a delegate to connect with other attendees
- Join the European Atherosclerosis Society group on LinkedIn
Hashtags help connect users within related conversations and are also searchable, making them a valuable resource for both clinicians and patients. We highlight encourage the use of hashtags but recommend using no more than three per tweet or post.
The official event hashtag is #EASCongress2020. This should be used in all posts relating to this year’s meeting!
In addition to the #EASCongress2020, you can use 1-2 additional hashtags depending on the topic of your post/tweet:
Policy & Disclaimer
The official EAS social media policy is available online. EAS strongly encourages anyone using social media to include a disclaimer in their profiles. Examples of this include, but are not limited to, “opinions are my own,” “RT does not equal endorsement” etc.
EAS’s social media disclaimer:
The European Atherosclerosis Society and the EAS Congress welcome discussions related to all aspects of atherosclerosis and related cardiovascular research on our social media sites. The EAS does not allow the posting of any sensitive information relating to the practice of medicine or any information that directly or indirectly could identify a patient or consumer of health care, as it is in violation of our policy. The EAS reserves the right to remove any posts that are in violation of our policies and that are deemed offensive.
Promotion of drugs, devices and other medical technologies will not be tolerated, and any comments, discussions or links involving promotional material will be removed. Repeated attempts to post promotional content will result in the individual being blocked. Statements or opinions expressed on the page reflect the views of the contributor, and do not reflect the official views of the EAS, unless otherwise noted. The EAS cannot respond to every comment. Likes and follows on social media channels are not endorsements. The EAS assumes no liability for sensitive information posted by users.
The following examples are ready to be used in your channels. Feel free to edit these and write your own posts/tweets.
The marked text notes where you must add your information.
- I’ll be online for #EASCongress2020, Oct 04-07. Like if you are also attending! https://eas2020.com
- I am excited to be a part of #EASCongress2020– the largest focused European meeting on atherosclerosis and related cardiovascular diseases of the year! https://eas2020.com
- Eager to attend the #EASCongress2020Educational CME Programme https://eas2020.com/programme-menu/educational-cme-accredited-programme/
- Looking forward to seeing the results from the #EASCongress2020 Late-Breaking Clinical Trials! https://eas2020.com
- I’m very excited to be a part of #EASCongress2020, happening in just [insert number] days! https://eas2020.com
- Can’t wait to listen to the latest findings to be explored in the Late-breaking sessions at #EASCongress2020 https://eas2020.com
- Just prepared my presentation for #EASCongress2020! I am really looking forward to [insert one or two sessions]. https://eas2020.com
- I am at #EASCongress2020and have just listened to some interesting updates on [insert subject]!
Feel free to use any of the EAS 2020 graphics to supplement any social media posts you send before or during EAS 2020.
We hope you’ll join the conversation on social media! If you have any questions, please email EAS social media manager Ivan Simeonov, Kenes Group: email@example.com