What makes EAS special is the interaction between investigators from diverse fields: our Congress is relevant and of interest to those studying & working in areas including: cardiology & vascular medicine; lipidology; endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism; internal medicine; molecular biology; biochemistry; pharmacology; pathology; and nutrition & diet.
In the current circumstances caused by the global Covid pandemic, and in response to the difficulties this has caused in the scientific and medical community, EAS has taken the decision to waive Congress registration fees for 2020.
We welcome scientists and researchers from around the world – old friends and those new to our community!
src in: https://youtu.be/du1mf-vWfRM
src gen: https://www.youtube.com/embed/du1mf-vWfRM
Arnold von Eckardstein
Congress Chair & Co-Chair Scientific Programme Committee
Congress Chair and Co-Chair Scientific Programme Committee
Chair Scientific Programme Committee
To be updated as soon as we can provide more details.
Is the Congress cancelled?
No. The Congress is now virtual instead and will take place on the same dates: October 04-07, 2020.
Is the programme the same?
The content is the same but the timings of the programme have been changed. The programme will be updated on the website shortly outlining the new timings.
Is my registration still valid?
Yes. Your Congress registration is automatically transferred to the EAS 2021 congress in Helsinki. Your registration gives you complimentary access to the 2020 virtual congress.
Will it be possible to get CME points at the Virtual Congress?
Yes, you will be able to earn CME points when attending sessions during the virtual congress. As usual, the CME/CPD certificate will be available after completing the online evaluation and credit claiming procedure. Learn more here.
What if I am not available during certain sessions?
All sessions and lectures will be available on-demand in the EAS 2020 virtual congress platform.
What do I need to attend the virtual congress?
To attend the virtual congress, you need a good internet connection, your computer/laptop and a headset/headphones as well as a valid registration. If you have already registered, you will receive login details a few days prior to the congress.
What will be available to me as a registered participant?
EAS 2020 virtual congress will offer you a full virtual experience and the opportunity to take part in every aspect of the programme, including the chance to:
- Access all presentations and session recordings. Create your own schedule to attend any and all of the sessions whenever and wherever you choose.
- Network with colleagues. Browse the list of participants and click on their name to contact them.
- Earn CME credits. Participate in the scientific programme and be eligible to receive the number of CME credits attributed to the virtual meeting.
- Access all the e-posters. Browse research on the hottest topics and connect with the abstract authors and other colleagues from around the world.
- Join the debate. During a live-streamed or recorded session, participate in live conversations with delegates from all over the world.
- Give feedback. Use the short session surveys to rate the sessions and help us improve the overall quality of the programme.
- Visit the virtual exhibition hall. Journey through the exhibition booths, explore the displayed materials, contact exhibitors directly, and chat with other visitors.
Can I still register for the virtual congress?
Yes, registration is currently open for the EAS 2020 virtual congress. Click here to learn more.
Will there be an exhibition?
Yes, there will be a virtual exhibition area.
I am a presenter/speaker at the Congress, what should I do?
We will contact you directly regarding your participation in the programme.
Queries concerning presentation of abstracts may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am an exhibitor at the Congress, what should I do?
We will contact you directly regarding your participation at the Congress. If you need to get in touch with us, please contact our Industry Liaison Associate Marta Enes at email@example.com.
If I booked my hotel with the Congress organisers, what should I do?
Please check the cancellation policy of your booking.
- If you have a non-refundable booking, we are working closely with the hotels to find an optimal solution and will send an update.
- If you have a refundable booking, we will contact you with options.
- If you have any questions, please contact accommodation team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If I am unable to travel, can I receive a refund for my flight?
Please check with your ticket provider. We recommend you do that as soon as possible.
Who do I contact with questions?
If you have any questions, please contact the relevant email from the list below and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible:
General questions: email@example.com
Questions about registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about abstracts: email@example.com
Questions about accommodation: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about exhibition: email@example.com